Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Quarter Life Reset Button

Looking at how I spend my time, some of the things that I do or feel out of habit are pretty silly. But I guess it is how it is. I mean if I think of myself as a program, it's only normal that after almost 27 years of continuously running I am quite lacking in efficiency - which is the issue here. I've got too many little useless background tasks that needs trimming or even idle processes (or zombies).

So - I'm pressing the RESET button! I'm so excited!

I've noticed lately that I'm at the happiest when I'm doing things, when I'm busy, when I've got deadline to meet. Basically when I feel productive. I love it! I don't have time to think about useless dragging my self down thoughts. Hmm.. I probably should fix my head and learn to stop those dragging-me-down thoughts. But at the same time, just doing things work too. Surely it's more difficult to get those dragging-me-down thoughts when I have achieve some sense of accomplishment.

Lately I've been lacking that sense of accomplishment. Time to make it happen.

I've got a few things I can do and want to do.

Step 1: De-cluttering. Sort out my priorities. Throw out old useless / meaningless routines that are mere habits. Use the time to do things that have meaning or useful for me!.

I shall put my focus and attention on spending what little time I have on things that I "enjoy doing" or "need to do". For example:
* I need to control my eating habit - for health and cause I care about how I feel and look.
* I need to do and enjoy doing yoga - cause it keeps me sane and happy.
* I need to work - for money.
* I need to find something that I enjoy to do for work - so my days become better.
* I enjoy taking photos.
* I need to find a home with my hubby - and this will also attribute to my contentment level.
* I need to cook at home more - because this helps me appreciate the eating out more and helps my eating habit in check. Plus, I enjoy it too.
* I enjoy eating out and love catching up with friends n my siblings, I can join these two together :)
* I love getting massages - so I've decided that this will be my splurge / indulgence from now on.
* etc etc ...

I am going to stop doing the habitual should dos that are basically just time sink. I mean, come to think of it, I now only look at my money thing about 1-2 times a week. It's pretty great considering I used to spend half an hour everyday on it (what a waste of time).

Step 2: The other thing that I've noticed is the important of "positive thoughts". I have the tendency to think that the "glass half empty". It's not all that bad except that this pessimism doesn't go very well with my insecurity issue. It creates this big loop full of jumps from pessimism to insecurity to pessimism to insecurity (am I making sense?). Oh well - anyway - I find that when I'm happy, I'm more likely to be productive which leads to sense of accomplishment, which then makes me happy and makes me want to do even more things. So - time to think happy thoughts. After all, I have such great life. Full of amazing and loving people. Full of opportunity. Great things. Nothing really to put me down. ^.^

Step 3: Stop procrastinating! Just do. I'm shedding my piles. For the next month, I'll do whatever I have in my pile. I'm putting deadline to all those books and papers. They need to be done by 5th June or they're gone from the pile. I'm doing it. If I actually care and want to do them, they'll be done by then. Doing it! Doing it! Doing it!

Whoa! I feel like a train with full steam ahead but can't go anywhere cause I'm still chain to my desk. :P LOL - but it's OK - I'll use this steam to clean up my work to do list. I'm doing it.

Darling, GAMBATTE with the Lit. Review! Love you so much!

No comments: