Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Importance of Treating Yourself Well

After focusing very hard for about a year to lose weight - I find myself slowly gaining it back.
Thankfully - not yet all - but a few days ago I reached an "Oh No" moment.
I've nearly gained back half of the weight I've lost. ARGH!

So - before all my effort goes to waste - I decided to do something about it. AGAIN!
But - this time - I know that I'll do better. Why?
Because I have done this before. I know the drill.
I also know that there are some flaws from what I used to do.
I will have to fix it and keep refining the process.

Since that "Oh No" moment - I've controlled my eating again.
I haven't been as strict as I was - but I'm slowly curbing it.
The idea is doing it slowly so that instead of feeling deprived - I ease myself into the process and make sure this time - I'm going to be altering my eating habit PERMANENTLY.
Not as a temporary diet thing (which causes the weight gain afterwards).

Starting with breakfast. Instead of limiting myself to one choice - I organized a few options with similar amount of calories.
Why? Because different situations calls for different type of food. I also get easily bored with one option. Plus, constraints often calls for big slip ups. I've got Up&Go, Oats, Ultra Slim Milk, and Soy Yogurt lined up. :)

Next, hydration. Water. It's VERY VERY VERY VERY important. It helps with my "regularity" and also kept me from over-eating (eating when I'm thirsty). So I make sure that I fill my 750ml bottle of water as soon as I get to work. Keep drinking it.

On to lunch - as with brekkie - I've lined up a few options. Canned soup with some crackers, Bowl of mixed salad, 2 Sushi rolls, Subway Tuna Sub and this Chicken Avocado Sundried Tomato Tortilla Wrap thing. Yum! I'll probably leave Friday as open planned.

Bought some snack options too - < 100 calorie muesli bar, apples, soy yogurt and ryvita.

Dinner is a bit tricky to restrict - at the end of the day I like to have an enjoyable meal and it also depend on my mood... But - I'll work on cooking at home more. Much healthier and controllable. :)

Will also put more effort in continuing my 3x Yoga a week.

It's funny. I do feel like how come I can't just let go and enjoy.. but the truth is - when I just let go - I don't actually enjoy... Little treats, eating out, muffin breakfast, brunches, are only enjoyable when it's occasional. Not routine. :)
It's true. I'm not making it up. Because since I watch myself more the past few days - I feel so much better. Seriously. I feel in control. I feel great. I deserve to feel great cause I'm doing great.

Good Nite!

No comments: