Saturday, October 28, 2006

Life is short...

On the 30th September 2006, I posted that my ideal Saturday begins with Gary's Pump class at Richmond Fitness First...
Last Thursday (the week before this one), me and lia went to Teresa's Body Pump class at Bourke St Fitness First. Before the class started, Teresa said that she just heard a very sad news, one of the instructor has just passed away. I was so surprised when she mention the name of the instructor... It's Gary.. The Gary which Body Pump class I really truly enjoy. He's like the best Body Pump instructor ever - his class is just so much fun. Put it this way, why else would I sacrifice my Saturday to go to the gym? Keep in mind - I'm so not a sport person!
Anyway, since then, I've stopped going to the gym. Yap. 1 week and a bit. Missed last Saturday's Pump class - wasn't sure how it is going to be without him as the instructor. Plus, I sort of twist my neck muscle somehow. It was extremely painful to turn my head to the right for almost a week - since last Friday. Then, my parents came over from Indo (arrived last Sunday) so I've been skipping gym till this morning.
I had to go. Part of me still couldn't believe that Gary has passed away. I was kinda hoping it's not true - who knows, it could be someone else.. So I went... and the news was right after all. A guy called Mat took over the class today and last week (apparently - from what he said). From what he had said after the class, seems like he and Gary are good friends. But then again, from knowing Gary (by attending his class) for the past couple months (maybe almost a year now), he seems like a great bloke that gets along fine with everyone... It's such a shame...
There were a couple of girls that I know have been attending Gary's class for quite a while - Gary always made reference to this 40+ lady who's always positioned right in front of the stage. Before the class, she was crying on the shoulder of this other lady who I know has been attending the class for a while too. It's really sad. The class was very different to when Gary was the instructor. It's quiet.. very quiet indeed..
I don't know why I'm blogging about all these things. It's just this has been in my mind a lot for the past week.
Gary was my Body Pump's instructor. I haven't got a chance to know him well or anything. But the fact that he's been constant in my life for quite a while, I see him almost every Saturday, makes him feels like a part of my life...
I'm sad... Really am. Overheard the lady who was crying (her name is Victoria, I think...) said that 'Why? Why him?'
It's all very sad... It reminds me that life is short.. very short... too short sometimes... and you know that story, where a boy likes a girl but never got around to tell the girl and before he knows it the girl has passed away, that is so true... I didn't know that the last time I saw Gary was going to be the last time... If I knew, I would have said 'Thanks for such an inspirational class. Thanks for keeping me from not going to the pump class on Saturday morning by instructing such a great class. Thanks for making me feel great and ready to enjoy my weekend after a hard long Saturday pump class.' and I would have hug him... but I didn't get a chance, and I'm sad, really very sad....

Good bye Gary, you will be truly missed...

No comments: