Monday, July 02, 2007

iGoogle Quote of the Day - 2nd July 2007

No one means all he says, and yet very few say all they mean,
for words are slippery and thought is viscous.
- Henry Adams

... says iGoogle's Quote of the Day on the 2nd July 2007.

How odd is it that I've been thinking about this a lot lately?

I'm the kind of person who 'sometimes' say things that it's not 100% true.
Let's just say, it's not extremely difficult for me to 'white-lie' a little.
Not that I'm a liar or anything - I normally say things as it is; but with certain people; I have tendency of sugar-coating things.

I have the tendency of saying that I want something when I actually want something else.
Sometimes, I want something but I don't want to have to say that I want that thing just in case I don't get it; or so that, when I get it, I don't feel that I get it because they pity me and gave it to me.
So, instead I'll say that I don't want it; but I actually really wanted it.
But when I say I don't want it; I'm worried that if I say I don't want it; I won't get it...
*Sigh* MAKE UP YOUR MIND ALREADY! :P

Also, in terms of using the right word for the right thing..
It has never been a problem to me; until recently...

I've been feeling very strongly about some things; and because I've been throwing away some words that meant to describe these feelings; I don't feel that these words are qualified to express the feelings that I'm having...
I'm having difficulties finding the correct 'word' or 'expression' that could quantify how I feel. Quantify is not the right word either. I mean qualify, maybe? I'm in search for the right word.

Anyway - back to the quote; the question is, how do I know who actually meant what they say?
And, if I think incorrectly of what they meant when they say something; what do they actually meant to say?

Communication can be very tricky sometimes - don't you think?
How I wish all of this can be simplified?
How I wish I could go back to those days when I say what I meant and people just think "oh... she's such a cute blunt and honest kid..." :P

No comments: