Thursday, January 03, 2008

How would I spend my last 24 hours being alive?

This question has been bugging me since last nite..
"If I was told that I've got 24 hours more to live.. what would I like to do?"
Mmmm I don't know - what is it that I really want to do?
The clock's ticking and I have to make my decision quick - otherwise I'll be spending my last 24 hours deciding on something that I will never get to do.

Do you know what you would do?

I think and I think and I think and then I rethink some more - finally - I made up my mind.
There's no activity in particular that I'd have to try once. No food that I have to eat. No book that I have to read. No movie that I have to see. Shopping obviously no longer has any appeal. Ditto haircut and makeover. Well - you get the idea.
Those things suddenly have no meaning. The only thing that matters now are the people that I care about and love dearly. Suddenly, I only have 24 hours left to spend with them.

...

Hence, now I know ... I don't care what we'll be doing or where we'll be hanging out - but I will spend that last 24 hours with them; my partner, family and bessies.
That's all that matters. Spending as much time as possible with them.

Of course - *touch wood* thankfully - this is just a pretend situation...

But - this does remind me of how much of a very lucky soul I am to have the chance to be with these special people... I must admit, sometimes it's difficult to remember this - especially with the little arguments that we all have here and there about nothing (or about something) or just with the hectic life that we all led.
That's why I'm blogging about this now. To remind myself (and others) of the one thing that matters most to us - the people that we love and care about.

Posted with loving thoughts of my family, partner and extraordinary gals! XOXOXO :D

No comments: