Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Desiring New York City

My head is spinning and overflowed with thoughts of how best to visit the "New York City".

I've been wanting to visit this stunning city for more than a few years now.
It's definitely time for me to do something about it, something more than desiring - which has proven to not bring me any closer to the city.

What do I want to achieve from my trip?
I want to get a feel of all four seasons in NYC. I want to see the famous Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, then see the Christmas tree in the Rockefeller Center. I want to try out the Central Park's ice rink or maybe try out the carriage ride in autumn (yup - even if i normally despised the embarrassment!). I wonder what the Central Park looks like in summer time. I want to know how it feel to watch the Knicks (not that I understand basketball that well :P) I want to see the impressive Cathedral of St. John the Divine. Hell - even the museum sounds interesting (please take into account that I, as a pure Indonesian Chinese, generally find museums repelling). What bout the Brooklyn Zoo? Of course, not to be missed, the Statue of Liberty and the Brooklyn Bridge.
Well - the list is definitely growing with the amount of New York tourist guides I've browsed.
On top of all those tourists attraction, I also want to get a feel of being a New Yorker.

The thing is...
I realise that New York life is very pricey. Bleh!

How should I do it?
When best to go?
What are the MUST-DOs, MUST-SEEs, MUST-EATs???
How long should I stay there for?
How much does it cost (on average) per day?

Who can answer these questions for me?

...

I guess, as a start, about.com has this New York City Month by Month.

Then, to deal with the pricey-ness, I'm considering a working holiday. :P

No comments: