Thursday, July 10, 2008

Developing My Colour Sense

I adore this look...
-- Image taken from wear palettes: May 23, 2008.


Lately, I find myself scrutinizing the clothes in my wardrobe and comparing it with the pretty colorful images that I'm seeing in the glossy magazines, or on the girls on the street/train. I'm trying to look for new clothes - but when I do go shopping, nothing really scream out at me the way the clothes in the magazine or the girls on the train does.

Ick! I want to look chic! (Haha.. It rhymes... :P)

I am not one of those girls who have the fashion sense (you know - the kind who look like they randomly throw clothes on and still manages to look great). I wish I am. I want to get the warm nice feeling when I put on the right clothes and feel confident on a day to day basis not once a year!

Oh well - I have to work with what I got. :) I have a pretty good web research skill (or so I think). So - off I go... Browsing...

With the help of Google, I found this blog, wear palettes, whose inspired by this chic blog, The Sartorialist. Looks like a great start, especially cause most tips in fashion blogs or articles always mention the importance of colour matching! :) Then, I found this kewl colour design blog with pretty images.. Color + Design Blog / Popular by COLOURlovers.

Now, those blogs - along with my newly bought The Lucky Shopping Manual: Building and Improving Your Wardrobe Piece by Piece: Andrea Linett, Kim France and In Style: Instant Style (Your Season-By-Season Guide for Work and Weekend): Kathleen Fifield, Melcher Media, Editors of In Style, Studio Usher books - I'm hoping they will help me create my newly revamped wardrobe! :)

Will keep you posted!

No comments: