Thursday, July 10, 2008

I wonder if ...

... I should consider the "Mandi Bunga" (translate: Floral Bath). It's a common Indonesian ritual known to clear up bad luck.

Yesterday morning, I left home early to arrive at work earlier cause I've been having problem focusing and got quite a few tasks to finish. I got to the train station at 7.45 a.m., put my monthly train ticket into the machine, and it got stuck! Ick! I tried to get it out (with the help of Connex inspector and my nail clipper) for ~10 minutes. Then, I gave up and bought a new daily ticket. The inspector got my phone number and arranged for the technician to get my ticket out so I can collect it later in the evening.

It's OK. I'm good. It's just one of those things. I've only lost $6.50. Nothing major. I decided to laugh it off.

This morning, I got out of the house, armed with my tiny pink umbrella (it was raining) and creamy white coat, and I walked to the station. It was a little tricky to take the train ticket out as I juggled my new Nine West handbag; my wet umbrella; and the paper bag in which I have my two new Health Food Guide magazines, a tub of yoplait, a kit kat mini bar, a small lindt chocolate bar and a plastic bag for my wet umbrella. I got into the train somehow. All good.

Walked out of Southern Cross station by showing my train ticket to the inspector (I didn't want to risk my ticket being stuck in the machine again) It was still raining. So, I organise myself, my now-semi-wet paper bag (as I said, my pink umbrella is tiny), my damp creamy white coat and my umbrella. As I was dashing to cross the street cause the cars are starting to come my way (yup - not at the pedestrian crossing - my fault), my stupid paper bag's bottom decided to split and drop the contents all over the wet asphalt. *Breathe deep (inhale... exhale... inhale... exhale)*

Quick!! Think!! What should I do?

I glanced up to check that the taxi that is coming my way realise what happened. Once I'm sure that it is slowing down, I walked back and collected my things. One of the guy who is crossing too (see - others choose to cross not at the pedestrian crossing too and their bag didn't split up!) passed me my Kit Kat. I strive to keep all my stuffs together and start walking towards the bin. I threw away the paper bag; put the chocolates and plastic bag in my coat pocket; fixed my handbag strap on my shoulder; organised the tub of yogurt, now-wet-and-brown magazines and umbrella in my hands. *Another deep breathe...* Then, I crossed another crossing (this time I chose the pedestrian crossing) and walk towards work.

Instead of focusing in my kinda-annoying paper bag incident, I decided to focus on the kindness of the stranger (the guy that passed me back my Kit Kat). Thank you stranger!

So, should I do the "mandi bunga"? I'll wait and see what happen tomorrow morning.. :P

Just another rant. Enjoy your day.

"If life throws you a lemon, make lemonade." -- Joan Collins

No comments: