Friday, November 23, 2007

The Simple Dollar: Should You Help People Who Won’t Help Themselves?

Should You Help People Who Won’t Help Themselves? was the title of Trent's recent post at The Simple Dollar.

When I saw the title, I quickly click on the link - hoping to find an answer to this particular question which has been on my mind for quite a while (though my question was in a more guilty-person tone).

My comments on Trent's post:
"I’m on a similar boat and after trying all sorts of things, I’ve also come to the conclusion that the best thing to do is to just be there for them and wait till they DECIDE to change.
However, coming to that conclusion doesn’t lessen the guilty feelings of no longer pro-actively doing anything to help.
It makes me feel MUCH better to know that other people with similar issues have the same idea on how best to handle this.
Thank you for such a thoughtful post, Trent!"

No comments: