Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Can't VS Won't

Found a very interesting title in my LifeHack.org feeds today;
"Say Won't Instead of Can't"...

Hmm .. I wonder where will this take me to ...

So, I quickly browsed the page and discovered that it leads to one interesting article;
"One Word that Can Change Your Reality and Really Piss Off Other People";
at SelfMadeChick.

Preview of the article below...
"The word that I almost completely removed from my vocabulary was “CAN’T” and the word I replaced it with was “WON’T.”
I’m telling you, this sounds so simple and perhaps inconsequential until you actually try it yourself."
...
You may find that you can in fact “buy that car” but may “choose not to” buy that car. This is much more empowering than you going around thinking that you CAN’T buy that car.
I’ve studied this phenomenon over the past 4-5 years and I’ve found that the more successful a person is, the less often they say the word can’t. Unsuccessful people use the word can’t constantly.

Will definitely give this a try...

No comments: