Sunday, August 20, 2006

Movie Buffs Meeting Discovery

This was meant to be posted back on the 15th August 2006.

DWS, the company that I worked for, has a policy that all of us has to join one of the groups available in the company and attend the meetings every Tuesday. Examples of the groups are card group (plays card), sports group, pool group (plays pool), Dine Around Town group, LAN group (plays LAN games), and Movie Buffs group (we talk bout movies and attempt to go to movies once a month).

Anyway, during last week's DWS Movie Buffs meeting I discover some interesting things...

Apparently during summer, Melbourne held an event named "Moonlight Cinema". It's basically watching movies on a big screen in the Botanical Garden. Sounds great isn't it? Imagine that, with picnic rug, cheese, crackers, a bottle of sparkling grape drinks and popcorns. Mmmm... I'm so going this year.

Gemma (my lovely colleague) also talked about a movie that's gonna come out sometime soon - an inconvenient truth - which are about the effects of global warming. It's a pretty serious stuff. It's funny - I'm not usually that into this kind of movie. But, this is an exception, because I think this will somehow wake all of us up. I mean, I'm not a green person - not even close for that matter. However, looking around, it kinda hit me that if I don't care so much about it, I can't expect others to care and that what I do as a person impacts the growth of global warming in our earth. Hence, I think it would be very good for me to learn the facts of global warming and what I can do to stop it.

One other thing that always comes up in our weekly meeting is the classics. I'm talking about movies such as:

and the list goes on and on...
What about these movies? Well, every week one of them is mentioned and I'll say 'I haven't watched it yet!!! Would love to though'. But the truth is, never actually got around to actually watch it. One day. The one day that never arrives...

Enough bout the Movie Buffs.

Cut!

No comments: