Sunday, January 28, 2007

Roger Federer - The Inspiring CHAMP!!!

Just finished watching Federer vs Gonzales match for the Australia Open championship and Oh My Gosh!!! He's such a WINNER in every single way there is. Seriously. He's a CHAMP!!!
2 years ago, only me and my ignorance of the world could have not know him and hence did not put an effort to get a picture taken with him or get closet to me when I actually saw him at the Nike signings (he was kinda right in front of me)!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhh.. I'm missing out BIG TIME because of my ignorance!!! Now that I know who he is and what he's done - I seriously would love to see him in person again - I doubt that I would get a chance though. He is such a great tennis player (not that I know tennis well enough to judge). But the fact that he's been winning pretty much every single one of the big championships must mean that he plays really well. I mean; luck can only bring you so far. Also, he stay very grounded and humble - I seriously admire him for that. He's kinda cute too; especially when he shies off and all. He inspires me to do better.
Find out more about him at Roger Federer Official Site or this dedicated fans who blog about him at Roger Federer Magical Tennis.
Now; this overwhelming admiration I have towards him leads me to think about what I want to do with my own life. Well; that and a question that one dear friend of mine raise to me; "What are you serious about?" Okay - that sounds very simple to answer - but yet; I'm not too sure I know the answer to that. Then after this long discussion with him - I now can't get this thing out of my head. It seems to keep repeating itself in my head. It's like "What do you want to do with your life?"
I've always been a very practical person - I believe - well, not that practical - as I'm still a girl after all; but I think I'm quite easy going. Most of the time, I deal with things as they come. With some things; I'm organized enough to normally be prepared to handle whatever is coming to me. I'm also a very impatient act-on-impulse person. If I want something; I tend to want it NOW. I often say things without carefully thinking about it. I often buy things without realising that I don't really need them. All in all - I find it hard to decide - what is it in the world that I'm serious about? What do I care about the way Federer care about his Tennis play? It's really very tricky. Especially if you have brain/mind like mine. It keeps on jumping from one thing to another (me and my tangents thoughts). How am I supposed to fix it so that I can find what is important to me?
I love my family/friends/relatives. I suppose they are EXTREMELY important to me. I can always drop everything else for them. But, talking to this dear friend; it makes me wonder - is that enough? I mean; of course for him; his family is also important; but still he has something that he believe gives his life meanings. What give meanings to my life then? Who do I want to be? What are my goals?
Gosh - it is so complicated - or did I just make it complicated? Should I even be worrying about this? Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .... Oh well - Good nite!

PS. Taking a big sharp turn on the topic; I just started to watch Veronica Mars (up to 2nd season now) and it is SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!! Seriously Good! :)

1 comment:

Zen said...

yeah I watched this match as well. I was GLUED to my TV. There's this particular rally where gonzales did this soft 'scoop' to lob the ball high, federer returned it and stays on the net. He just blocked whatever gon throws at him, it's just fuckin magic!!!

*worship* --> rog fed <-- *worship*

Yea this guys rocks. You notice during the match he never curse as well. Very calm. Very controlled. Super c-champ!!!!