Wednesday, December 05, 2007

More Extracts from "Buddhism for Busy People"

I have to say, the book is very well written in a way that intrigues my mind to start thinking about the things that he's talking about.
"I like the story of the novice monk who asked a very much older yogi, 'What do you do, as an enlightened being?'
To which the other replied, after a pause, 'I walk and I eat and I sleep.'
The young monk was taken aback. 'But I also walk and eat and sleep,' he responded.
'Yes,' the other smiled. 'But when I walk, I walk. When I eat, I eat. And when I sleep, I sleep.'"
@ pg 43 *
It's been an extremely enjoyable read that I even started to think that maybe I should slow down a little. Read a chapter a day. Let the contents sink in. At the same time, I'm impatient to read more, to get more calming feeling and interesting thoughts from it.

* Page references comes from the 2nd edition soft cover version of the book.

No comments: