Sunday, December 02, 2007

Cupcakes... Again???

Hihihi.. A girl can never have too much of the cupcakes' cuteness!

This time though - I won't be posting proof of cupcakes' lovely looks. It will be more of a tips and tricks session. (Not that I am anywhere near able to provide them.) I'll only be quoting - or more precisely, referencing links...

So - I tried to bake my first batch of cupcakes. Not so good. The icing was madly sweet and the cupcake could be so much more fluffier. It would also be nice for the icing to turn out white instead of YELLOW!!! :P

LOL! What's a girl gotta do but to research into these problems?

Found the following post from Su Yin on her blog (The Journal of a Girl who loves To Cook) - "Cupcakes".
Highly recommended. Complete tips and tricks session. Very handy indeed.

Diana's Dessert's Conversion Calculators page is also one of the page that I'll be visiting quite a bit. This site also offers loads of tempting recipes and the Kitchen and Baking Essentials page and Basic Tips and Techniques page are highly recommended if you're a baking-noob like me!

Joy of baking offers pages like Frosting or Icing which explains more about the different types and how best to make it. The page about Baking Powder and Baking Soda is also very informative.

Here's couple more links which I have been browsing to get some tips before baking my second (and hopefully better) batch of cupcakes...

Now, if you want to try out your knowledge of how to bake the perfect cupcake, here's something to bake... Red Velvet Cupcakes recipe from Pink Cake Box blog!

No comments: