Monday, May 26, 2008

Weekly Update 4

This is the last week of my 30 day trial thing. In my "weight stabilizing quest", I've learned a lot about myself, about my body, about my eating habit. I'm extremely glad I've decided to try this out.

This week average: 1463 calories. (i.e. average of 1220.5 calories after calorie burnt through 3x Bikram Yoga classes and 4x walking up the stairs from Ground level to 19th floor.)

Last nite, I consumed 1 medium container of cinema popcorn by my self (on top of the regular serving of Nando's chips)!!! Bleh - I feel pretty crappy by the end of yesterday. In the past, this would have made me feel like a failure. That I'll never be able to do this. There's no point in keep trying.
But this time, it's okay, I realised it's a once off splurge. I decide to move on, start the next day fresh and keep doing what I've been doing so well... Have to admit, the following quote helps...
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lesson for this week? Avoid eating off people's plate (as much as I can anyway)! Why? Well - my brain does not register those as well as the food I put in my plate while the calorie still counts!

I don't have much to say anymore. I will continue doing what I'm doing; i.e. the calorie counting, the Yoga, and the stair walks; until I get to my "stabilized weight".
Though my posts have helped me in completing the 30 days commitment and analyzing the process, I decided that I won't be blogging about my progress anymore. I don't want to bore people to death and I'd also like to spend my time doing other things. :P

Anyway - here's a very compact and informative article which talk about what I've been trying to explain through my posts... "The One True Secret of Weight-Loss Success" by Diet Blog.

Psst.. If you're trying to "stabilize your weight" as I am, check out Australian Calorie King! Great tutorials, motivational articles, recipes, and calorie information of all sorts of food. :)

No comments: