Monday, October 27, 2008

The Importance of Relationships

For me, the people I have around me are the most important thing in my life.
"Without friends no one would choose to live,
though he had all other goods."
-- Artistotle

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go.
Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same."
-- Flavia Weedn

It doesn't matter if I have all the money in the world, all the knowledge, or whatever other thing. I need my dearest ones to share it with because without them, all those things are just taste bland. Don't you think?

Up to today - nothing ever beats the feeling of being loved and loving my family, partner, and close friends. Seriously. NOTHING!

I'm a greedy person though. My happiest time is when I feel loved or being loving across all those relationships - and my lowest points are when there are problems in any of those relationships.

Unfortunately, it's rather challenging to keep every one of the relationships at the highest point at all time. After all we are humans, with flaws.

But I was recently reminded how very lucky and blessed I am to have these relationships.

While having to fix one problematic relationship, I was shown the love and strength from another one. After I was brought down to tears by a thing that someone said, I was then lifted back up to clouds number nine with watery eyes by a thing that another person said... (Yes - I already know I am a cry baby! :P)

For now, I'm just glad to have the bliss and balance restored...

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Assumptions are the termites of relationships."
--Henry Winkler

"People change and forget to tell each other."
-- Lillian Hellman

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: