Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday Wisdom: The Importance of Gratitude

I came across "8 Tremendously Important Ways That Gratitude Can Change Your Life | Zen Habits" today.

What a great post!

Here's some of my personal notes...

"3. Instead of getting mad at someone, show gratitude."
I accidentally conform to this point yesterday and I couldn't be happier with the result. Just as I was starting to get angry at a friend, I stumble across this thing that she had bought for me a while ago. The anger stopped and instead I was reminded of the good things we've had. How miniscule and silly this argument is in comparison to the wonderful friendship and good times we've shared.
This totally cut the problem short. Instead of us taking turns being angry at each other. (Psst.. It is much harder for someone to stay angry when you're responding with kindness and understanding! This is one of my latest findings! Believe me - try and apply this as much as you can with your close ones - you'll see your relationships improving big time.)

"4. Instead of criticising your significant other, show gratitude."
This is something that I couldn't agree more with. Seriously. I feel extremely lucky that my relationship with Shanon has introduced me to this concept and taught me to do this naturally.
Try it out and find out for yourself.

"8. Instead of looking at what you don’t have, look at what you do have."
This, is one advice that I'm working on and keep reminding myself about. :)

Thanks Leo!

No comments: