Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ibuki House: Pictures

So, as promised in a chatterbox's pensieve: Ibuki House in East Bentleigh, here's some pictures from my visit to Ibuki House about a year ago. I went with a group of girlfriends and this was waiting for us on the table when we arrived...

Here's a closer look at the yummy yummy sashimi...
and the beef and oyster...
Note: If you look at the first picture carefully, you'll see that there are also a pair of big sushi dishes at the back of the oysters plates which I didn't have closeup picture of.
The abalone was the best I've had (considering I don't normally like them), the lobster sashimi was YUMMMMMMMMMM!! The oysters... mmmmmm heavenly! The portion? Scary! :P

Next, the beef was replaced by scallops which are just as yummy (if not yummier than) as the oysters!!!
Then, each of us were presented a cup of Chawan Mushi... (Very delicately slurpy...)
Next, come Agedashi Tofu, which I decide to skip to make sure I have room for dessert (easy decision - as I'm not a fan of tofu). But, I did take a picture!
At the end, despite my crazy effort of making the most of the sashimi plate, there was still quite a bit leftover, cause half of the gals aren't a fan of sashimi... What a waste :(
And when we thought that we could not consume anything more.... Ibuki-san assistant came and replace our sashimi platter with this interesting tempura plate!!!
Huahhhhh!!! Looking back, I can't help but wonder, how much calorie did I consume that night??? But, considering it's healthy sashimi, maybe it's not that bad... (Yeah right! Keep telling yourself that. :P)

Now, last, but definitely not least, the dessert....Very prettily presented. That interesting looking pink mochi, it melt in your mouth. Superb. It was so yummy that I brave myself to ask if I could buy some for take away. I wanted Shanon and my brothers to get a taste of it. Ibuki san was kind enough to let us buy take away! :) Yay! I bought ten of them! :P Yumm Yumm Yumm...

Gosh - all this food for 50$ a head. I, for one, think it's absolutely worth every penny. :)

Thanks Ibuki-san (and Lia, for organizing)! :)

No comments: