Sunday, August 03, 2008

It's been a while!

Weird! It feels like it has been a while since I last blogged. But when I checked, my last post was only 1.5 week ago.

My days have been hectic though since last weekend. Suddenly - I'm engaged (yup - happened the Saturday before yesterday) and am now planning a wedding for this coming November. :P Well - OK, maybe "suddenly" is more for people around me than for me, since it has been discussed as a possibility before it happened. But, the event itself was still a sweet surprise to me. :)

A few days after that were rather blurry for me. A mixture of massive number of sms-es and phone calls, lots of blushing (me when people ask questions about how it happened and the ring), and quite a bit of congratulations and quite a bit of explanation of why we are doing the wedding in four months time to people who think we're a little crazy.

All things considered - I think I'm doing pretty well with my planning. Spreadsheets have become my best friends. I've got 4 main ones which I keep referring to. One with financial details, one for my calorie counting, another one for wedding planning and last one for US trip planning. Yup - we're going to the states for our honeymoon and staying in New York for a month. Something that I've wanted to do for quite some time and definitely something that I'm looking forward to BIG TIME! We'll get to experience Christmas in NYC as husband and wife!!! :D

I'm planning to post about lessons that I've learnt on planning a trip online to somewhere you don't know all that well. But that will have to wait for now. Once I have a venue and photographer booked (hopefully in a week or two), I'll be more sorted and have time to do all those!

Hope things are going well for everyone else. :) Ciao!

No comments: