Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Naughtiness Continues...

... throughout the Taste Festivals 2008 at the Royal Exhibition Building in Carlton Gardens!

Me & Shanon tried scrumptious food from the following restaurants:
* Circa, the Prince - 2 Acland St. St Kilda 3182 VIC # Phone: (03) 9536 1122
"Slow cooked sher wagyu, braised meat pie, truffled coleslaw, licorice spiced pumpkin" (10 crowns)
"Smoked trout, shaved cuttlefish salad, parmesan custard, leaves from the garden" (8 crowns)
* Grossi Florentino - 80 Bourke Street Melbourne 3000 Victoria Australia T. 03 9662 1811
"Risotto con porcini e salvia: porcini mushroom & sage risotto" (12 crowns)
* Stokehouse - 30 jacka boulevard st kilda 3182 australia t:+61 3 9525 5555
"Blue swimmer crab chowder with pangrattato, chives & Spanish pepper creme fraiche" (10 crowns)
* Babycakes by design cupcakes - 1/29-31 Scott Street Elwood Victoria 3184 Australia P. 03 9531 4500
"The Original" and "the Strawberry Shortcake" (@ $3.00) - Superb & moist cake!
* Gundowring: Finest Ice Cream
"Toasted Honey & Walnut" and "Raspberry" Tasting Cone (@ $1.00)
* Nobu - Crown Melbourne Australia 8 Whiteman Street Southbank, VIC 3006 Tel. +613.9696.6566
"Sashimi salad: seared salmon layered around field greens finished with Matsuhisa dressing" (10 crowns)
* Jacques Reymond - 78 Williams Rd Prahran VIC 3181 Tel: (03) 9525-2178
"Slow cooked Tasmania petuna ocean trout, wasabi dressing" (8 crowns)

I wish I could fit in one of the quail dish and Fifteen's chocolate mousse, but at the same time I'm glad I didn't! I don't think I can afford the repercussion. :P

I've uploaded a series of food pictures in my Facebook account, Facebook | My Photos - Taste Festivals 2008. But, of course, Facebook won't let you view it unless you're a member. Ick! So, I uploaded a selected few into my flickr account. :) Check them out here! :P



Yummmmm!

Now... I really should restrain myself from going to the Festival Indonesia 2008!!! Especially seeing that I have DWS NAB team lunch this Wednesday followed by DWS Social Club subsidised SouthGate Progressive Dinner! But, they might have some of the Indonesian food that I'm craving at the Food Fair.... x( Wacks!

Yup - even the mighty falls... Therefore, to reach a goal, the most important thing is to have a plan to pick ourselves up when we trip over. The worst thing we could do is to give up when we fall! :)

No comments: